MA Abogados can offer advice on all areas of Spanish and EU Competition Law. Our work covers every stage of the process, from preventive counselling to representing and defending clients during audits, administrative disciplinary proceedings and appeals and complaints before Spanish and EU courts.
Advice on this area includes, among others, the following:
- Appeals before any Spanish and EU court against decisions of the competition authorities
- Preparing reports, recommendations and corporate programs for compliance with regulations on competition, unfair competition, management of industrial and intellectual property and regulatory changes
- Drafting action plans in response to audits. Legal assistance during audits and potential administrative proceedings
- Competition issues in the context of mergers and acquisitions, from the due diligence phase (i.a., analysis of contracts and trade policies) to managing the merger control procedure
- Assessing potentially restrictive business competition practices, including the assessment of: practices that constitute unfair competition, and the exercise of industrial and intellectual property rights
- Advice on State aid
- Matters relating to the application of competition rules together with sector-specific regulation (i.a., energy, pharmaceutical, maritime), industry self-regulation (i.a., Farmaindustria code), public procurement and Sports Law
- Contentious legal proceedings and appeals before any Spanish and EU court against decisions of the competition authorities
- Disputes involving actions to nullify a contract or obtain compensation for damages due to infringement of competition rules
- Coordination of cross-border management of competition protection issues.